Air Fryer Breakfast Pockets and light and flaky and
filled with sausage, egg and velveeta cheese.
A quick breakfast for busy mornings!
Watch the video for this recipe!
Today we are bringing you another Air Fryer recipe. These Air Fryer Breakfast Pockets are light, flaky, and an all-in-one breakfast option. They were made with a Pillsbury Crust and are best cooked frozen.
So lets get into it so I can show you how its done!
- Ground pork
- Whole milk
- Velveeta cheese
- Pillsbury pie crusts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Gallon ziplock bags
- Parchment paper
- Cooking spray
Here's my method for making the Breakfast Pockets:
Roll out the crust and cut the crust into two medium-sized circles. If you don't have a medium-sized cookie cutter, that's okay. I usually use my favorite cereal bowl to form the circles.
You should be able to make about two circles with each pie crust. Then I form the remaining dough into a ball, roll it out and make it into another circle.
Place about two spoonfuls of the filling into each pocket. Then, spread egg wash on the inside edges of the pocket. Fold the pocket forming a moon shape (as pictured above) and crimp the folded edges of the pocket with a fork.
I always massage a little more egg wash along the crimps and seams of the pocket just to make sure they are sealed properly.
Place the pockets on parchment paper and freeze. I prefer to place the pockets in a ziplock bag to freeze since I don't always cook the pockets the same day or even the next day.
Make sure to freeze them so that when you're ready to cook them they hold up properly in the Air Fryer while cooking.
Once you're ready to eat them, place the pockets into your pre-heated Air Fryer for about 15 minutes. I can cook two pockets at a time in my Air Fryer.
Be sure not to overcrowd them. This will cause them to stick to each other.
If you don't have an Air Fryer, simply fry the pockets in vegetable oil until brown. Then serve them with your favorite jelly or syrup. This is a perfect breakfast for when you're on the go!
**Shop my Amazon store to get cooking items used in our recipes!**
*There may be affiliate links in this description or video in which I may receive a commission at no cost to you*
You may also like:
Air Fryer Ranch Wings
Sausage, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Burritos
Fried Breakfast Potatoes
Don't miss another recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Follow Whip it like Butter on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and TikTok!
See you there!
- 1 lb ground pork
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 whole egg for egg wash
- ⅓ c whole milk
- ¼ c whole milk
- 1-2 ounces Velveeta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 packages of Pillsbury pie crusts 2 crusts to a package
- Vegetable oil
- Remove pie crusts from the refrigerator.
- Brown and drain the pork.
- Heat ¼ c milk and cheese in a small pot until melted.
- Whisk 4 eggs, season with salt and pepper, and add remaining milk.
- Scramble the eggs in a skillet until almost fully cooked.
- Mix the meat, cheese, and eggs together.
- Roll out your pie crust and cut it into a 3-4 inch circle (about the size of a cereal bowl).
- Whisk one egg to make an egg wash.
- Place about 2 tbsps of mix into the middle of each circle.
- Brush the egg wash on all of the edges of the circle.
- Fold the circle creating a moon shape.
- Crimp the folded edges with a fork.
- Layer the pockets onto the parchment paper and place them in a plastic ziplock bag overnight.
- Once ready to cook, preheat your Air Fryer to 360 degrees.
- Spray each side of the pocket with cooking spray.
- Place pockets in pre-heated Air Fryer for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from Air Fryer and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Your recipes all look so delicious. This one is no exception!
Thank you so much Tamera!
I’m starving now looking through your pictures! This looks amazing! Keep up the great job!
Thank you so much!
Crazy Classy says
Wow I'm going to try these for my kids
Awesome! Thank you! I hope they enjoy them!