Beef Roast with Sautéed Bell Pepper and Onions is a traditional beef roast recipe
garnished with sautéed onions and red and green bell peppers.
Prefer video? Watch our latest recipe videos!
Beef Roast also known as Pot Roast is one of the comfort food meals that you can never get tired of. It's such a one-pot meal as you can cook the carrots and potatoes together with the roast.
They can be prepared separately, but there is something about cooking everything together that provides the best flavor.
So lets get into it so I can show you how its done!
More recipes ---> Oven-Baked Chicken, Buttermilk Pound Cake, Dutch Oven Fried Chicken Wings, Creamy Mac N Cheese, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Au Gratin Potatoes, Lemon, Garlic and Onion Roasted Chicken, Jalapeno Hot Water Cornbread, Purple Hull Peas and Okra
- Beef Roast
- Yellow onion
- Soy sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Vegetable oil
- Seasoned salt
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Black pepper
- Steak sauce
- Beef broth
- Green bell pepper
- Red bell pepper
- All-purpose flour
Steps to make the roast:
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Remove the roast from the refrigerator and lightly flour it on each side. In a large skillet, heat ⅓ c of oil.
Add the onion and bell pepper. Add 3 tablespoon of soy sauce. Once veggies are slightly tender remove them from heat.
Add an additional ⅓ c of oil to the pan. Sear each side of the roast in oil until brown on each side. About 5-7 minutes on each side. Place the roast in a roasting pan/baking dish. Place the onions and peppers on top of the roast.
Mix the broth with water and add to the pan/baking dish. Season carrots and potatoes as desired and then add to pan (remove halfway through the cooking process. Cook for ½ to 2 hours.
Pot Roast with Peppers and Onions
So prior to making this recipe, I looked up how to make Worcestershire sauce as if I was just going to have all the ingredients lying around lol.
That was a negative, but it gave me an idea for a sauce I need to make at a later time. So one of the ingredients in a few of the recipes I looked up was soy sauce.
I had a few packets from takeout that I recently had so I was like hey why not. It ended up coming out amazing! You all are definitely going to enjoy it!
The vegetables do not need to cook as long as the roast does; therefore, you want to add your potatoes and carrots to the baking dish either halfway through cooking or remove them about an hour prior to the roast is done or once the vegetables have softened.
Frequently Asked Questions:
If the roast is very fatty, you may want to trim some of the fat. It is personal preference. Leaving some of the fat on the roast adds great flavor to the roast.
The roast should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
The roast can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to three months.
**Shop my Amazon store to get cooking items used in our recipes!**
*There may be affiliate links in this description or video in which I may receive a commission at no cost to you*
- 1 Beef Roast
- ½ medium size yellow onion
- 3 + 3 tbsps soy sauce
- 3 + 3 tbsps Worcestershire sauce
- ⅓ + ⅓ c vegetable oil
- 2 tbsps seasoned salt
- 1 tbsps garlic powder
- 1 tbsps onion powder
- 1 tsps black pepper
- ⅓-1/4 c of water
- ¼ c steak sauce
- 5 oz beef broth
- ½ c green bell pepper
- ½ c red bell pepper
- ¼ c all-purpose flour
- Season the roast with seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, 3 tablespoon of soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and A1 steak sauce. Marinate the roast for one hour.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Remove the roast from refrigerator and lightly flour on each side.
- In a large skillet, heat ⅓ c of oil. Add the onion and bell pepper. Add the 3 tablespoon of soy sauce. Once veggies are slightly tender remove them from the heat.
- Add an additional ⅓ c of oil to the pan. Sear each side of the roast in oil until brown on each side. About 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Place the roast in a roasting pan/baking dish. Place the onions and peppers on top of the roast.
- Mix broth with water and add to the pan/baking dish. Season the carrots and potatoes as desired and then add to pan (remove halfway through the cooking process.
- Cook them for ½ to 2 hours.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for approximately 10 minutes before serving.