It's summer salad time! This Chicken Cobb Salad is made with
chicken and bacon cooked to perfection in the Air Fryer.
This filling salad will not disappoint!
Watch the video for this recipe!
Lately, we have been very busy at Kultural Kreations (now Whip it like Butter).
We launched a YouTube channel (Whip it like Butter) and have really enjoyed bringing you all the video content for our recipes.
Eventually, we will have a video for every recipe. You can find all of the videos here.
So in light of summer and all of the craziness we are incorporating quicker, lighter, and easy meals. This Chicken Cobb Salad is the perfect example.
The chicken and bacon were both cooked in the Air Fryer. The bacon cooks to perfection in about 10 minutes and the chicken within 30 minutes.
More recipes ---> Sourdough Pepper Jack BLT, Chicken Cobb Salad, Red Bell Pepper Chipotle Chicken Wrap, Frito Taco Bowls, Loaded Baked Potato Wedges, Lemon Lime No Bake Cheesecake, Creamy Pineapple Parfaits, Marshmallow Fruit Salad, Fruit Dip, Ham and cheese sliders on Hawaiian rolls, Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup, Loaded Baked Potato Soup, Mexican Bean Salad
Ingredients needed for the salad:
- Chicken breasts
- Thick cut bacon
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Seasoned salt
- Garlic salt
- Black pepper
- Green leaf lettuce
- Red leaf lettuce
- Roma tomatoes
- Shredded cheese
- Purple onion
- Boiled eggs
- Salad dressing of your choice
Steps to make the recipe:
Preheat Air Fryer to 375 degrees. Cut bacon in half and place in the Air Fryer and cook for 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees.
Remove from the Air Fryer and place on a paper towel-covered dish to drain any residual oil.
Once the bacon has cooled, cut as desired. Set the Air Fryer temperature to 350 degrees.
Place chicken breasts in a large bowl and season with olive oil, garlic powder, garlic salt, seasoning salt, and black pepper.
Mix together and apply a cover to the bowl while you are cooking the chicken. Cook chicken breasts at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Flip over halfway through the cooking process.
As you remove the chicken breasts from the Air Fryer, place them in a Tupperware dish and cover them to preserve the moisture.
While the chicken is cooking, wash and then chop the vegetables as desired. Once the chicken has finished cooking, cut as desired and assemble your salad.
Now you may say, that is still a process. The answer is yes and no.
What is so great about cooking the bacon in the Air Fryer is the quick clean up, no grease popping everywhere, and the bacon is evenly cooked to a crisp.
For the chicken, all you have to do is place it in the Air Fryer, flip it over ½ way through and that's it.
I love it because I can take care of things around the house without having to constantly watch the chicken. It comes out tender and juicy every time.
If you are cooking several batches of chicken, I suggest placing the chicken in a Tupperware container to preserve the moistness until you are really to serve it.
Also, it is best not to cut it until you are ready to serve it. We all know that chicken breasts can get dry very fast.
I always suggest eating your chicken breasts the same day that you cook them. They are much dryer the next day and the taste is just not the same.
If you don't have an Air Fryer, bacon and chicken can easily be prepared in a regular pan.
Serve this salad with your favorite toppings such as purple onion, tomato, cucumber, cheese, and eggs (toppings we used).
You can even add bell peppers, olives, banana peppers, croutons, etc.
Make sure to add this recipe to your must-try recipes for this summer. You won't be disappointed!
**Shop my Amazon store to get cooking items used in our recipes!**
*There may be affiliate links in this description or video in which I may receive a commission at no cost to you*
- 2-4 chicken breasts - thinly sliced
- 2-4 slices thick cut bacon
- 2-3 tbsps olive oil
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ bundle green leaf lettuce
- ½ bundle red leaf lettuce
- 2 Roma tomatoes- diced
- ½ c of shredded cheese
- ½ cucumber- sliced
- ¼ c purple onion- diced
- 2 boiled eggs
- Salad dressing of your choice
- Preheat Air Fryer to 375 degrees.
- Cut bacon in half and place in the Air Fryer and cook for 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Remove from the Air Fryer and place on a paper towel-covered dish to drain any residual oil.
- Once the bacon has cooled, cut as desired.
- Set the Air Fryer temperature to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken breasts in a large bowl and season with olive oil, garlic powder, garlic salt, seasoning salt, and black pepper.
- Mix together and apply a cover to the bowl while you are cooking the chicken.
- Cook chicken breasts at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Flip over halfway through the cooking process.
- As you remove the chicken breasts from the Air Fryer, place them in a Tupperware dish and cover them to preserve the moisture.
- While the chicken is cooking, wash and then chop the vegetables as desired.
- Once the chicken has finished cooking, cut as desired and assemble your salad.
- Serve and enjoy!