These soft, decadent Fudge Brownies with Walnuts are baked with
Nestle Toll House semi-sweet morsels,
baking cocao, walnuts, granulated, and dark brown sugar.
Watch the video for this recipe!
I think this baking thing is growing on me. I've heard people say that baking is much easier than cooking anything else. I thought, makes no sense, since baking is so complex.
I'm starting to change my mind to a degree. I say that because with baking, you put everything together and it goes into the oven. Then depending on what you're baking, you take it out and decorate it or serve it as is.
I've also heard baking being referred to as a science and that once you've "cracked the code" it gets easier. Well, I plan to start giving a little more time for baking. I mean especially since it seems that desserts are the thing.
So let's get into it so I can show you how it's done!
Ingredients needed for the brownies:
- All-purpose flour
- Eggs- room temperature
- Dark brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Unsalted butter- room temperature
- Vanilla extract
- Walnut pieces
Steps to make the brownies:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the butter and ½ c of chocolate chips in a bowl. Heat in the microwave in 30- second intervals until melted. Stir together after each interval.
Add the sugars, cocoa, salt, and vanilla to the bowl and mix well. Then add the eggs and mix well. Add the flour gradually mixing well after each addition.
Once the flour is fully incorporated, fold the walnuts into the mixture. Pour mixture into greased pan and top with remaining ½ c of chocolate cups.
Bake for 30 minutes. The brownies are done when a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean.
What I think you all are going to love about these brownies are how moist and decadent they are.
I think it's important to use quality ingredients when making brownies. If you chose not to use the Toll House morsels or they are not available in your area, I suggest that you choose another name brand, quality chocolate.
These brownies are:
Fudgy- is that even a word?
Bursting with flavor
These brownies were moist and fudging even a few days after baking. But hey, you will have to see for yourself!
**Shop my Amazon store to get cooking items used in our recipes!**
*There may be affiliate links in this description or video in which I may receive a commission at no cost to you*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter and ½ c of chocolate chips in a bowl. Heat in microwave in 30- second intervals until melted. Stir together after each interval.
- Add sugars, cocoa, salt, and vanilla to the bowl and mix well.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add flour gradually mixing well after each addition.
- Once the flour is fully incorporated, fold the walnuts into the mixture.
- Pour mixture into greased pan and top with remaining ½ c of chocolate cups.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Brownies are done when a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean.