Green Chile Taco Bowls are a Mexican-America dish seasoned
with taco seasoning and green chili's, topped with shredded cheese,
lettuce, tomato and a few sprigs of cilantro.
Watch the video for this recipe!
When I made these bowls, I started to just make taco's, but I just wanted something different.
So naturally, I went to the store and ended up in the dairy aisle where I found these Azteca Taco Bowls also called salad shells.
They looked like fun so I said why not give it a try! Once I tried them I was hooked! They are so tasty and only take about 10 minutes to cook.
More recipes ---> Restaurant-Style Salsa, Loaded Baked Potato Wedges, Cheeseburger Sliders on Hawaiian Rolls, Popcorn Chicken, Fried Okra, Baked Macaroni and Cheese, Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo, Sweet and Sour Chicken, Homemade Beef Chili, Barbecue Pork Chops.
- Ground beef
- McCormick taco seasoning
- Seasoned salt
- Garlic salt
- Black pepper
- Shredded cheese
- Green chiles
- 2 packages of Azteca Taco Bowls
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced tomato
Steps to make the recipe:
- Brown ground beef and drain. Return the meat to the pan and season with taco seasoning and water (follow the package instructions).
- Add the green chile's to the pan. Simmer for approximately 5 minutes on low heat.
- Remove from the stove, and prepare the taco bowls according to the package instructions.
- Place the desired amount of beef, shredded cheese, lettuce, tomato, cilantro, and sour cream into each taco bowl and serve!
The green chile's added to this recipe really made a difference. Add this recipe to your list for Taco Tuesday!
**Shop my Amazon store to get cooking items used in our recipes!**
*There may be affiliate links in this description or video in which I may receive a commission at no cost to you*
- Add the ground beef to the pan and cook until browned.
- Once the meat is brown, drain the excess oil from the pan.
- Return the meat to the pan and season with taco seasoning and water (follow the package instructions)
- Add the green chile's to the pan.
- Simmer for approximately 5 minutes on low to medium heat.
- Remove from the heat and prepare the taco bowls according to package instructions.
- Place your desired amount of beef, shredded cheese, lettuce, tomato, cilantro, and sour cream into each taco bowl and serve!