Marshmallow Fruit Salad is prepared with homemade whipped cream,
marshmallows, marshmallow creme and powdered sugar.
Watch the video for this recipe!
Hello there! Today's recipe is Marshmallow Fruit Salad! This salad is so good and fun to eat! The Marshmallow "fluff" added to the salad adds a special sweetness and texture.
We also made this recipe using homemade whipped cream definitely made a difference. It only takes a few steps to make the whipped cream from scratch, but the key is to get your heavy whipping cream super cold before starting the mixing process.
Also, use a metal bowl that has also been chilled in the refrigerator or freezer. The powdered sugar also helps the whipped cream "fluff up". So lets get into it so I can show you how it's done!
Ingredients needed for the Marshmallow Fruit Salad:
- Large Stainless steel bow
- Whipping cream
- Powdered sugar
- Marshmallow creme'
- Greek yogurt
- Green grapes
- Green apples
- Walnuts (optional)
How to make the Fruit Salad:
Place bowl and whisk/hand mixer beaters in the freezer for at least 20 minutes. Remove from the freezer and immediately pour the whipping cream and one cup of powdered sugar into a bowl.
Mix until it begins to thicken. If it is not thickening, gradually add more powdered sugar. Add the marshmallow creme' and greek yogurt to the bowl and mix until blended. Wash your apples and grapes and drain any excess water.
Drain the juice from the pineapples and then fold the pineapples, apples and grapes into the mixture. Chill for about one hour. Remove from the fridge and serve. Top with walnuts (optional).
I wouldn't suggest using any fruit such as a fruit cocktail unless you plan on eating the salad within a day or two. Even after the juice from the fruit is drained, it just adds too much liquid to the recipe as it settles.
Make sure to add walnuts to your fruit salad for a little added texture. They are best added when you are ready to eat the salad.
I hope you enjoy the recipe and share it with family and friends!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Mandarine oranges, strawberries and blueberries are great options.
Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three to four days.
Almonds and/or granola and also great toppings.
**Shop my Amazon store to get cooking items used in our recipes!**
*There may be affiliate links in this description or video in which I may receive a commission at no cost to you*
- Place bowl and whisk/hand mixer beaters in the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- Remove them from the freezer and immediately pour the whipping cream and one cup of powdered sugar into the bowl.
- Mix until it begins to thicken. If it is not thickening, gradually add more powdered sugar.
- Add the marshmallow creme' and greek yogurt to the bowl. Mix until blended.
- Wash your apples and grapes, draining any excess water. Drain the juice from the pineapples and then fold the pineapples, apples and grapes into the mixture.
- Chill for about one hour.
- Remove from the fridge and serve. Top with walnuts (optional).