Marshmallow Fruit Salad is prepared with homemade whipped cream,
marshmallows, marshmallow creme and powdered sugar.
Watch the video for this recipe!
Hello there! Today’s recipe is Marshmallow Fruit Salad!
This salad is so good and fun to eat! I challenged myself this time and made the entire recipe from scratch.
Usually, I use store-bought whipped cream, but not this time.
And let me tell you, it was a great choice!
Making the recipe with the homemade whipped cream definitely made a difference.
It only takes a few steps to make the whipped cream from scratch, but the key is to get your heavy whipping cream super cold before starting the mixing process.
Also, use a metal bowl that has also been chilled in the refrigerator or freezer. The powdered sugar also helps the whipped cream “fluff up”.
You will need:
- Large Stainless steel bow
- Whipping cream
- Powdered sugar
- Marshmallow creme’
- Greek yogurt
- Green grapes
- Green apples
- Walnuts (optional)
Steps to make this recipe:
Place bowl and whisk/hand mixer beaters in the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
Remove from the freezer and immediately pour whipping cream and one cup of powdered sugar into a bowl.
Mix until it begins to thicken. If it is not thickening, gradually add more powdered sugar.
Add marshmallow creme’ and greek yogurt to the bowl and mix until blended. Wash your apples and grapes and drain any excess water. Drain the juice from the pineapples and then fold the fruit into the mixture.
Chill for about one hour. Remove from the fridge and serve. Top with walnuts (optional).
Marshmallow Fruit Salad
I wouldn’t suggest using any fruit such a fruit cocktail unless you plan on eating the salad within a day or two.
I have had it made with fruit cocktail, but even after the fruit is drained, it just adds too much liquid to the recipe as it settles.
The marshmallow fruit salad can be refrigerated for about three to four days. I wouldn’t keep it any longer than that.
Make sure to add walnuts to your fruit salad for a little added texture.
They are best added when you are ready to eat the salad.
I hope you enjoy the recipe and share it with family and friends!
You may also like:
Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
- Large Stainless steel bowl
- 12 oz. of whipping cream
- 1- 1 1/2 c of powdered sugar
- 7 oz of marshmallow creme'
- 1/2 c of greek yogurt
- 2 c of green grapes
- 2 c of pineapples - drained
- 1-2 green apples - chopped
- 1-2 c of walnuts optional
- Place bowl and whisk/hand mixer beaters in the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and immediately pour whipping cream and one cup of powdered sugar into bowl. Mix until it begins to thicken. If it is not thickening, gradually add more powdered sugar.
- Add marshmallow creme' and greek yogurt to the bowl. Mix until blended.
- Wash your apples and grapes, draining any excess water. Also, drain the juice from the pineapples. Then fold the fruit into the mixture.
- Chill for about one hour.
- Remove from fridge and serve. Top with walnuts (optional).