Pan Seared Ribeye Steak is bone-in Ribeye steak
seared in butter on a cast-iron grilling skillet.
Watch us make this recipe!
When you don't feel like pulling out your charcoal grill, pan searing your steaks in a cast iron griddle is a great option.
Of course, you don't have use anything fancy. I just bought a cast-iron grilling skillet from Walmart and it's great for grilling steaks.
A regular cast iron skillet will work as well, but if you want grill marks in your steaks, you are going to want to go with the cast-iron grilling skillet.
This is optional, but to give the steaks a little smokey flavor, add a little liquid smoke and the steaks will almost taste as if they were cooked on a charcoal grill!
You can add this seasoning just prior to placing your steak in the oven or prior to seasoning them with the dry seasonings. You don't have to marinate the steaks prior to cooking them; however, this process makes for a well-seasoned steak as well.
I recommend one hour in the refrigerator prior to cooking them; however, they are great either way. So lets get into it so I can show you how it's done!
- Bone-in Ribeye steaks
- Worcestershire sauce
- Soy sauce
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Garlic salt
- Lawry’s seasoned salt
- Black pepper
- Optional: liquid smoke
Steps to make the steak:
Place steaks in a large pyrex dish or pan. Season both sides of the steaks with garlic powder, onion powder, garlic salt, seasoning salt, and black pepper.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, but no higher than 375 degrees. Heat your cast-iron skillet to medium heat. Add the butter to the heated skillet.
Immediately place the steak in the skillet and sear on each side for approximately three minutes or until seared on each side.
Remove the steaks from the pan, place them in a pyrex dish and cover them with foil. Repeat the steps until all of the steaks are seared.
Place the steaks in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow the steak to rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
Serve and enjoy!
**Shop my Amazon store to get cooking items used in our recipes!**
*There may be affiliate links in this description or video in which I may receive a commission at no cost to you*
Barbecue Baked Beans with Ground Beef
Dutch Oven Fried Chicken Wings
Don't miss another recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Follow Whip it like Butter on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and TikTok!
See you there!
- 3 bone-in Ribeye steaks
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter for searing the steaks
- 1-2 tbsps liquid smoke optional
- Place steaks in a large pyrex dish or pan.
- Season both sides of the steaks with garlic powder, onion powder, garlic salt, seasoning salt and black pepper.
- After one hour, pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat cast iron skillet to medium heat.
- Add butter into the heated skillet.
- Immediately place the steak in skillet and sear on each side for approximately three minutes or until seared on each side.
- Remove the steaks from the pan, place them in a pyrex dish and cover them with foil.
- Repeat steps until all of the steaks are seared.
- Place the steaks in pre-heated oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven allow to rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
Ashley Owens says
This sounds and looks really delicious I will be trying this recipe.
Thank you! I hope you get a chance to try the recipe.