This Sourdough Pepper Jack BLT is a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich
garnished with lettuce, tomato and pepper jack cheese on sourdough toast.
Watch the video for this recipe!
This sandwich is a great go-to meal for lunch or even for a quick, yet delicious dinner. And not to mention who doesn't love bacon and cheese!
Pepper jack cheese was used for this sandwich to give it a little spicy kick. The combination of bacon, spice from the cheese and the sourdough bread creates a good balance of flavor.
The dressing used was Thousand Island. Talking about convenience. We're not making any dressings from scratch for this sandwich. As I said, we're keeping it simple and quick!
Let's get into it so I can show you how its done!
More recipes ---> Red Bell Pepper Chipotle Chicken Wrap, Ham and cheese sliders on Hawaiian rolls, Cheeseburger Sliders on Hawaiian Rolls, Beef Egg Rolls, Popcorn chicken, Restaurant-Style Salsa, Frito Taco Bowls, Loaded Baked Potato Wedges, Fried Hot Wings, Chicken Fajita Quesadillas, Dutch Oven Fried Chicken Wings, Air Fryer Ranch Wings, Tuna Salad
Ingredients needed for the BLT
- thick-cut bacon
- sourdough bread- a nice sturdy bread with great flavor
- iceberg lettuce
- tomato slices
- pepper jack cheese- adds a little kick to the sandwich!
- thousand island dressing- gives the sandwich a zesty and sweet flavor.
Steps to make the BLT
Cook bacon in a skillet on each side until brown. Transfer bacon to a paper towel to drain excess oil.
Toast bread until golden brown. To build the sandwich, spread the thousand island dressing on each slice of the bread.
On one slice of the bread, add the bacon, then the lettuce, then the tomato, and finish with cheese. Top with the second slice of bread and enjoy!
You definitely want to make sure to use thick-cut bacon since we're using sourdough bread.
Thick cut bacon has a good consistency to go along with the sourdough bread. Bacon is the best, isn't it? And the pepper jack cheese is the "icing on the cake".
So there you have it! A quick no-fuss meal that is the bomb.com! I know that's old school, but hey, you get the picture.
**Shop my Amazon store to get cooking items used in our recipes!**
*There may be affiliate links in this description or video in which I may receive a commission at no cost to you*
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 4-6 slices thick cut bacon
- 2 slices pepper jack cheese
- 2 tbsps thousand island dressing
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 pieces iceberg lettuce
- Cook bacon in a skillet on each side until brown.
- Transfer bacon to a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Toast bread until golden brown.
- To build the sandwich, spread the thousand island dressing on each slice of the bread.
- On one slice of the bread, add the bacon, then the lettuce, then the tomato, and finish with cheese.
- Top with the second slice of bread and enjoy!