I promise you this Banana Pudding Pound Cake tastes
just like Banana Pudding in cake form without
the addition of pudding mix in the batter!
Baby this cake is definitely going to knock your socks off! We're not using any pudding mix in the batter of this cake and it's still going to taste exactly like Banana pudding.
The cream cheese in the batter along with the addition of the mashed banana and banana extract creates this delicious banana flavor.
The cream cheese and banana also infuse this cake with moisture. So let's get into this recipe so I can show you how it's done!
More recipes ---> Eggnog Pound Cake, Peach Cobbler Cream Cheese Pound Cake, Coconut Cream Cheese Pound Cake, Gingerbread Pound Cake, Marble Pound Cake, Classic Pound Cake, Rum Pound Cake & Mile High Pound Cake!!
Ingredients needed for the cake:
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Cream cheese - room temperature
- Unsalted butter - room temperature
- Whole eggs - room temperature
- Bananas - mashed
- Baking powder
- Banana extract
(Note: The full ingredient list is provided in the recipe card below.)
Ingredients needed for the icing:
- Banana pudding mix
- Milk - cold
- Cream cheese - room temperature
- Condensed milk
- Cool Whip
- Nilla wafers
Icing inspired by Mansa Queen
Helpful Guides for Beginners
If you're new to baking I got you covered! Here are some helpful guides to help you along the way!
- How to make a moist Pound Cake
- Pound Cake Essential Tools
- Mistakes to avoid when baking a pound cake
Helpful Baking Tools
- Bundt Pan
- Stand Mixer
- Hand Mixer
- Basting Brush
- Silicone Spatula
- Oven Thermometer
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
- Baker's Joy
- Cake Keeper
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
Steps to make the cake:
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy (approximately 2-3 minutes).
Then add the cream cheese and mix until combined. Add in the banana extract and mix. Add the eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition.
Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add the flour mixture to the bowl, alternating with the mashed bananas, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
Pour the batter into the bundt pan and smooth the top of the cake.
Bake for 75 minutes or until the cake is golden brown. (Insert a wooden toothpick into the center of the cake. The cake is done when the toothpick comes out clean.)
Allow the cake to cool for approximately 20 minutes before inverting it (flipping it out of the pan) onto a wire rack to complete the cooling process.
Steps to make the icing:
In a large bowl, add the pudding mix and whisk in the milk until combined. Add the condensed milk and whisk to combine.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for two hours. Remove the icing from the refrigerator and using a rubber spatula or similar, spread the icing on the cake as desired.
Then place the Nilla wafers on the cake as desired. Decorate with additional icing if you like. Serve and enjoy!
What Is A Pound Cake?
A pound cake is commonly made in a bundt pan and is also called a bundt cake. It is made from 4 main ingredients- flour, sugar, butter, and eggs; typically a pound of each ingredient.
Of course, there are many variations of how to make a pound cake, but those are the basic ingredients. Pound cakes are moist and tender, yet dense in texture. This old-fashioned dessert has definitely evolved these days and is served with or without icing.
Pound Cake Tips + Tricks
Whether you are a beginner or have been in the baking game for a while, I hope these tips are helpful to make sure that your pound cake comes out great!
⇢ Properly measure your ingredients – Always measure each ingredient before adding it to the cake to make sure that you have the accurate amount of each ingredient for the recipe. Baking requires exact measurements for the cake to come out correctly.
⇢ Always use room temperature ingredients – Standard pound cake ingredients include butter and eggs which should always be a room temperature to ensure that they properly blend into the batter and do not cause any clumping. Other common ingredients such as milk, cream cheese, etc should also be a room temperature. Make sure to allow enough time before baking to remove the ingredients from the refrigerator and sit them on the counter to allow them to come to room temperature.
⇢ Properly cream the butter and sugar together– Once blended the texture should be light and fluffy. Blend the ingredients together at a moderate speed for a least two to three minutes.
⇢ Add the eggs one at a time– Eggs must be added one at a time blending well after each addition. Once you’ve added an egg to the batter and no longer see any yellow, then you can add another egg to the batter.
⇢ Don’t overmix your batter– Aside from creaming the butter and sugar together, once done adding an ingredient, immediately start adding the next ingredient. If you are not quite ready, stop the mixer until you're ready to add the next ingredient. After you have added the last ingredient, just mix until blended. If the batter still requires mixing, for example, if there is any unmixed batter on the side of the bowl, finish the mixing process using a spoon.
⇢ Spray the hell out of your bundt pan - My favorite method is using a baking spray such as Baker’s Joy which includes the flour and oil all in one can. It's always a no-fail method for me and the cake comes right out of the pan. You can also grease the pan with oil (solid or liquid) then dust the pan evenly with flour if you prefer that method.
Frequently asked questions:
- How to store the cake?
Store the cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
If you enjoy room-temperature cake, once you remove the cake from the refrigerator allow it to sit on the counter until it comes to room temperature.
If you are just enjoying a slice of the cake, I recommend that you just cut a slice of the cake and return the rest of the cake to the refrigerator.
- Can the cake be frozen?
Yes. I recommend freezing the cake for no more than three months for the best flavor. Once you remove the cake from the freezer, allow it to thaw at room temperature before unwrapping it.
**Shop my Amazon store and check out cooking items used by Whip it like Butter!**
*There may be affiliate links in this description or video in which I may receive a commission at no cost to you*
You may also enjoy:
Don't miss another recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
- Ingredients needed for the cake:
- 3 c all-purpose flour
- 3 c granulated sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese - room temperature
- 1 ½ c c of unsalted butter - room temperature
- 5 5 whole eggs - room temperature
- 2 bananas - mashed
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tsps banana extract
- Ingredients for the icing:
- 3.5 oz banana pudding mix
- 1 ¼ c milk (cold)
- 4 oz cream cheese- room temperature
- 7 oz condensed milk
- 4 oz. Cool Whip
- Nilla wafers (1 box)
- To make the cake:
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy (approximately 2-3 minutes).
- Add the cream cheese and mix until combined.
- Add in the banana extract and mix.
- Add the eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the flour mixture to the bowl, alternating with the mashed bananas, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Pour the batter into the bundt pan and smooth the top of the cake.
- Bake for 75 minutes or until the cake is golden brown. (Insert a wooden toothpick into the center of the cake. The cake is done when the toothpick comes out clean.)
- Allow the cake to cool for approximately 20 mintes before inverting it (flipping it out of the pan) onto a wire rack to complete the cooling process.
- To make the icing:
- In a large bowl, add the pudding mix and whisk in the milk until combined.
- Add the condensed milk and whisk to combine.
- In another bowl, using a hand or stand mixer blend the cream cheese and Cool Whip together.
- Fold the Cool Whip and cream cheese mixture into the pudding mix mixture until combined. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for two hours.
- Remove the icing from the refrigerator and using a rubber spatula or similar, spread the icing on the cake as desired.
- Then place the Nilla wafers on the cake as desired. Decorate with additional icing if you like.
- Serve and enjoy!