Homemade Caramel Corn is also known as Caramel Popcorn
made from homemade popcorn and a homemade caramel sauce.
Watch the video for the Homemade Caramel Corn!
Making this recipe brings back so many memories. Me and my mother used to make homemade popcorn all the time.
It's really so simple, heat some oil in a large pot, add the popcorn kernels and whala! You can use white or corn kernels for this recipe, but corn kernels are my jam.
So let's get into this recipe so I can show you how it's done!
Ingredients needed for this recipe:
- ¼ c of vegetable oil
- ⅓ c of yellow popcorn kernels
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 c of dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ c of dark corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla
Steps to make the recipe:
How to make the Caramel sauce:
Preheat oven to 250 degrees. In a medium-sized pot, melt the butter over medium-low.
Once the butter is melted stir in the brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Stir together then allow the caramel to thicken (approximately 2-4 minutes).
Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and baking soda.
Homemade Caramel Corn
This recipe is a great idea just for a snack or dessert. You could even place the popcorn in cute bags and give it away as a gift.
There is nothing like a homemade treat so family and friends will definitely enjoy this recipe!
**Shop my Amazon store and check out cooking items used by Whip it like Butter!**
*There may be affiliate links in this description or video in which I may receive a commission at no cost to you*
You may also like:
Don't miss another recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
- ⅓ c yellow popcorn kernals
- ¼ c vegetable oil
- ½ c (1 stick) of unsalted butter
- 1 c dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ c dark corn syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla
- To make the Popcorn:
- Add oil to a large pot and heat over medium heat.
- Add the kernels to the pot and spread evenly. Place the lid over the pot.
- Once the popping has slowed down to about a few seconds between pops, remove from the heat.
- Release the steam and re-apply the lid to keep the popcorn warm while preparing the caramel.
- To make the Caramel:
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a medium-sized pot, melt the butter over medium-low.
- Once the butter is melted stir in the brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt.
- Stir together then allow the caramel to thicken (approximately 2-4 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and baking soda.
- Pour the caramel over the popcorn and stir together evenly coating the popcorn with the caramel.
- Once coated, spread the popcorn onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes, tossing occasionally for crunchy popcorn.
- If you do not prefer crunchy popcorn, remove it from the oven approximately 10 minutes earlier.
- Remove from the oven, break up any large clumps into smaller pieces if desired and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, serve/store in an airtight container.