Chicken Tetrazzini also known as Chicken Spaghetti!
This dish is creamy and cheesy, the perfect comfort food and a quick dinner meal!
Watch the video for this recipe!
So ya'll know by now that I like to keep it super simple right? That is exactly why we are using store-bought rotisserie chicken for this recipe.
My favorite store-bought chicken is from Walmart.
I love, love, love, their traditional-style rotisserie chicken. The flavor of this chicken is absolutely amazing.
You know because we want great food, but don't always want to spend hours in the kitchen right?
So let's get into it so I can show you how it's done!
Ingredients needed to make the recipe:
- Shredded chicken
- Cooked spaghetti pasta
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Cream of chicken soup (about half a can)
- Shredded cheddar jack cheese
- Yellow onion
- Green bell pepper
- Diced pimentos
- Chicken broth
- Olive oil
Steps to make the recipe:
Cook the spaghetti noodles al dente according to package instructions. Shred the chicken (white and dark meat) and sit to the side. (The chicken is best shredded with your hands to ensure the meat is not too fine.)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet add olive oil and heat for about two minutes. Add onion and bell pepper to the skillet and sauté for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
Add the chicken and cream of mushroom soup to the skillet. Stir frequently until mixed well. Then, add the chicken broth and mix well. Add the spaghetti, chicken, pimentos, and salt to the skillet.
Mix together and pour into a large pyrex dish (about 3 quarts). Spread cheese evenly over the casserole. Bake covered for 15-20 minutes.
All you have to do with the chicken is shred a combination of white and dark meat.
The chicken I use is so tender that I can easily shred it with my hands. I did not use a knife to cut the meat. For one, I don't like the meat to be too fine.
Also, cutting the meat into small pieces can cause it to become mushy like, and in my experience, makes it hard to taste the chicken once it's mixed tougher with the cheese, cream of mushroom, and cream of chicken. You want the dish to have some texture.
I think the first time I had this recipe was at a potluck at work. I was like Chicken Tetrazzini? What's that?
I mean my mom made home-cooked meals every week, but it was nothing like this. I'm a big cheese lover so this dish is a hit for me.
But you know what, I really didn't go heavy on the cheese with the recipe. It may seem like it from the photo, but I added just enough.
**Shop my Amazon store to get cooking items used in our recipes!**
*There may be affiliate links in this description or video in which I may receive a commission at no cost to you*
- Cook spaghetti noodles al dente according to package instructions.
- Shred chicken (white and dark meat) and sit to the side. (The chicken is best shredded with your hands to ensure the meat is not too fine.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet add the olive oil and heat for about two minutes.
- Add the onion and bell pepper to the skillet. Sauté for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the chicken and cream of mushroom soup to the skillet. Stir frequently until mixed well.
- Add the chicken broth and mix well.
- Add the spaghetti, chicken, pimentos, and salt to the skillet.
- Mix together and pour into a large pyrex dish (about 3 quarts).
- Spread cheese evenly over the casserole.
- Bake covered for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!