Spice Cake is the perfect cake for the fall season!
This cake is made with four spices and drizzled with delicious cream cheese frosting!
Watch us make this recipe!
So you typically see Spice cake made in a rectangular pan, but we like to do things different over here so we made this cake in a bundt pan.
You will need a 10 cup bundt pan to make this recipe.
The icing/frosting was drizzled over the cake because it was a pretty way to decorate it right, but if you’re an icing person you may want to add extra icing.
The icing recipe yields more than what is pictured so if you want to go crazy with the icing you can or you may be a person like myself…I added extra when I cut a slice of the cake to eat.
You will need:
For the cake:
- All-purpose flour
- Dark brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Eggs (large- room temperature)
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Ground cloves
- Sour cream
- Vegetable oil
- Butter (room temperature)
For the Frosting:
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
Steps to make this recipe:
To make the cake:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, add flour and spices whisking together until combined. In another large bowl, add the butter, oil and sugars and blend together using a mixer or whisk.
Add the vanilla, eggs and sour cream mixing together until combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix them together.
Spray your bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the batter into the bundt pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before inverting the cake. Once the cake is cooled completely apply the icing as desired.
To make the icing:
Add the cream cheese and butter into a bowl and mix until combined using a hand or stand mixer. While mixing, add the vanilla and salt and mix until combined.
Add the powdered sugar 1/2 c to 1 c at a time mixing until combined. Add the frosting to the cake as desired. The icing was adding to the cake using a piping bag.
Great pairings with this cake are apple cider, tea and coffee to name a few. I’m a tea person myself! Grab your favorite drink, cut a large slice of this cake and enjoy!
You may also enjoy:
Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
- For the cake:
- 2 1/2 c of all purpose flour- sifted
- 1 1/2 c of dark brown sugar
- 1/2 c of granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs- room temperature
- 1 c of sour cream
- 1 c of vegetable oil
- 1 stick of butter- room temperature
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of allspice
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of ground cloves
- 2 tsps of vanilla
- For the Frosting:
- 8 oz of cream cheese - room temperature
- 3 1/2 c of powdered sugar
- 1 stick of butter - room temperature
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- To make the cake:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl add flour and spices whisking together until combined.
- In another large bowl, add butter, oil and sugars and blend together using a mixer or whisk.
- Add the vanilla, eggs and sour cream mixing together until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together until blended.
- Spray your bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into the bundt pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before inverting the cake.
- Once the cake is cooled completely apply the icing.
- To make the icing:
- Add the cream cheese and butter into a bowl and mix until combined using a stand or hand mixer. Add the vanilla and salt while mixing.
- Add the powdered sugar 1/2 c to 1 c at a time mixing until combined.
- Add the frosting to the cake as desired.