No grill is needed for these Barbecue Pork Chops!
These tender chops were baked in the oven and dressed in
Mesquite smoked barbecue sauce.
Watch the video for the recipe!
Things are heating up outside and that always puts people in the mood for good food. While some of us enjoy barbecuing outside, some of us aren't quite masters at barbecuing on the grill. I am definitely one of them.
It is one of my goals, but I have not quite gotten the grilling thing down yet. I love the taste of barbecue on a charcoal grill so I will keep practicing, but for now, the oven will have to do.
If you're like me and haven't mastered the grill yet, you're definitely going to love this recipe.
So let's get into it so I can show you how it's done!
Only a few ingredients are needed to make the pork chops:
- Bone-in Pork Chops: Make sure to get the pork chops with the bone. The bone adds the extra element of flavor.
- Olive oil: Sometimes pork chops can become dry when baked in the oven; therefore, you want to dredge them with olive oil before placing them in the oven to make sure they are extra tender.
- Seasoning: Seasoned salt, garlic salt, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and black pepper is needed for this recipe. These pork chops will not be spicy; however, if you are heat sensitive, you may want to eliminate or just use a sprinkle of the cayenne and/or black pepper.
- Mesquite smoked barbecue sauce: We recommend using this flavor for your pork chops, but your favorite sauce flavor and brand will do. We used Kraft barbecue sauce for this recipe.
And although it's not listed in the ingredients, liquid smoke is also a great ingredient to add if you want a little extra "grill smoke" flavor.
Steps to make the pork chops:
First, dredge them with olive oil on both sides and then place them on a cookie sheet. Mix the seasonings together and season each side of the pork chop with your desired amount of seasoning.
You may or may not need to use all of the seasonings depending on the size of your pork chops.
Cover them with foil and bake them in the oven for about an hour. They should be about done at this point.
Pour off any residual liquid from the pan. Brush each side of the pork chop with barbecue sauce and place them back in the oven uncovered.
Bake them for an additional 15-20 minutes.
For a more "baked in" sauce, bake them an additional 10 minutes or until they are baked as desired.
Remove the pork chops from the oven and dinner is served honey!
So I know you need a few side dishes to go along with the pork chops, like potato salad, baked beans, macaroni and cheese, dirty rice, green beans...just to name a few!! Enjoy my friends!!
**Shop my Amazon store to get cooking items used in our recipes!**
*There may be affiliate links in this description or video in which I may receive a commission at no cost to you*
You may also enjoy:
Barbecue Baked Beans With Ground Beef
Old Fashioned 7 Up Pound Cake with a Lemon-Lime Glaze
Don't miss another recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Follow Whip it like Butter on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and TikTok!
See you there!
- 6 bone-in pork chops
- ¼ c olive oil
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- ½ tablespoon garlic salt
- ½ tablespoon seasoned salt
- ⅓ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ c Mesquite smoked barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dredge the pork chops with olive oil.
- Season the pork chops with onion powder, garlic salt, seasoned salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Cover the pork chops with foil and place them in the oven.
- Cook for one hour or until browned, flipping halfway through the cooking process.
- Remove the pork chops from the oven and pour off any liquid in the pan.
- Brush both sides of the pork chops with barbecue sauce and place them back in the oven uncovered for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve!
Leave a Reply