Brown Sugar and Pineapple Glazed Ham is made with
brown sugar, pineapple, and mustard.
This combination of flavors creates the perfect ham for any feast.
Prefer video? Watch our latest recipe videos!
If you have never made a ham before, it is actually really simple to make. Unless you are feeding a ton of people, you only need half a ham. This ham will easily feed ten to twelve people.
Our favorite cut of ham is ham shank. Although a spiral ham is also great and cuts beautifully the flavor is not as great as the ham shank.
Ham shanks have a bone and anything with a bone packs a lot of flavor. And the bone can be re-used, yes my friends, reuse it to make other recipes like beans.
So let's get into it so I can show you how it's done!
Ingredients needed to make the ham:
- 10-12 pound Ham shank
- Can of coke
- Liquid smoke
- Dark brown sugar
- Can of pineapple slices
Brown Sugar and Pineapple Glazed Ham with the glaze applied- after cooked for 1 ½ hours
So let's talk about how to make this ham...
First, preheat your oven to 325 degrees. You want to rinse your ham with cool water then transfer it into a large roasting pan.
Then pour 12 ounces of coke over your ham, cover it with foil and place it in the oven.
Cook your ham for about one and a half hours and then remove it from the oven.
Prior to removing the ham from the oven, prepare your glaze by using the juice from your can of pineapples, brown sugar, and a touch of mustard.
Remove the ham from the oven and pour off most of the liquid. Leave enough liquid in the pan to coat the bottom of the pan. Then rub your ham all over with liquid smoke.
Pour the glaze over the ham ensuring to cover as much of the ham as possible. Place your pineapple rings on top of the ham, cover it with foil and place it back in the oven for about 30 minutes.
Remove your ham from the oven, allow it to rest for at least 15 minutes before cutting it, and then serve and enjoy!
This is a great recipe for the holiday seasons!
**Shop my Amazon store to get cooking items used in our recipes!**
*There may be affiliate links in this description or video in which I may receive a commission at no cost to you*
You may also enjoy:
Don't miss another recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
- 1 10-12 pound Ham shank
- 12 ounce coke
- ⅓ c liquid smoke
- 1 c dark brown sugar
- 20 ounce (can) pineapple rings
- ½ tablespoon mustard
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place ham in a large roasting pan.
- Pour the entire contents of coke over the ham.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 ½ hours.
- Prior to removing the ham from the oven, prepare the glaze. To prepare the glaze:
- In a pot, add juice from pineapples, brown sugar, and mustard. Heat under low to medium heat until the glaze begins to thicken (about 10 minutes). Stir frequently.
- Remove the ham from the oven and pour most of the liquid out of the roasting pan.
- Rub the ham with liquid smoke.
- Pour the glaze over the ham.
- Then place your desired amount of pineapples on top of the ham.
- Cover the ham with foil and place it back in the oven for 30 more minutes.
- Remove the ham from the oven and allow it to rest for about 15 minutes before cutting it.
- Serve and enjoy!