Peach Cobbler French Toast is classic French toast
topped with a peach cobbler drizzle.
This recipe is a breakfast and a dessert all in one delicious platter.
Watch the video for this recipe!
Peach cobbler is one of my favs…so why not have Peach Cobbler French Toast? I mean it's like a sneaky way of eating dessert for breakfast.
And not to mention, it really tastes like peach cobbler, double win! Also, adding a little butter and in addition to your choice of nuts, makes the finished product even better!
French toast is a quick meal and also a great way to finish off a loaf of bread. I used Nature's Own Honey Wheat Bread for this recipe.
It's semi-sweet bread and what I had in the kitchen at the time when this recipe was created. Use the bread of your choice. You don't have to use fancy bread and it will still come out just as good.
Ingredients needed to make the recipe:
- Your favorite sandwich bread
- Brown sugar
- Whole milk
- Canned peaches
- Optional topping: whipped cream and/or chopped walnuts or pecans
Steps to make the recipe:
To prepare the drizzle:
Drain the can of peaches and pour the juice into a medium-sized pot. Set the peaches to the side. Slightly heat the juice and then add the cornstarch. Whisk until the cornstarch lumps are dissolved.
Add the butter, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon and whisk. Simmer for about one minute or until the mixture slightly thickens. Stir about five peaches to the mixture, then remove from the heat and set aside until the bread is toasted.
To prepare the French toast:
Whisk the milk and eggs until combined. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar and mix until combined. Heat skillet to medium heat.
Once the skillet is heated, spray it with cooking spray. Dip the bread into the wet mixture and coat on each side. Add the bread to the pan and toast on each side until brown. Remove the bread from the skillet and drizzle with peach cobbler sauce.
Serve and enjoy!
**Shop my Amazon store to get cooking items used in our recipes!**
*There may be affiliate links in this description or video in which I may receive a commission at no cost to you*
You may also like:
Don't miss another recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 + 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 + 1 tbsp nutmeg
- 3 +3 tsps brown sugar
- ½ c whole milk
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 15 oz can of sliced peaches
- 2 tsps cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla
- whipped cream and/or chopped walnuts or pecans optional
- To prepare drizzle:
- Drain a can of peaches and pour juice into a medium size pot. Set peaches aside.
- Slightly heat juice and then add cornstarch.
- Whisk until cornstarch lumps are gone.
- Add butter, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon and whisk.
- Let simmer for about 1 minute or until slightly thickens.
- Add about five peaches to the mixture and stir into mixture, then remove from heat and set aside until French toast is toasted.
- To prepare French toast:
- Whisk milk and eggs until combined.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar and mix until combined.
- Heat skillet to medium heat.
- Once the skillet is heated spray it with cooking spray.
- Dip the bread into the wet mixture and coat on each side.
- Add bread to pan and toast on each side until brown.
- Remove from skillet and drizzle with peach cobbler sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Optional: Drizzle with melted butter before adding peach cobbler sauce. Top with nuts- walnuts or pecans.