Sausage, Egg and Cheese Egg Bake is a breakfast casserole made with
ground pork, onion, bell pepper, eggs and cheddar cheese.
Watch the video for this recipe!
I'm always looking for methods to make my life easier during the week. I still work a 9-5 and blog in between so the less that I have to do during the week the better.
Making this Egg Bake saves me so much time in the morning, for at least three days. I typically will have a piece of toast or some fried potatoes to go with the egg bake.
The casserole can also be prepared the day before baking. If preparing it the night before, cover it with foil or store it in an airtight container, then place the casserole in the refrigerator until you're ready to bake it.
So lets get into it so I can show you how it's done!
- Ground sausage
- Whole eggs
- Whole milk
- Yellow onion
- Green bell pepper
- Sharp shredded cheese
- Black pepper
Steps to make the Egg Bake:
- Brown the sausage and drain any excess oil from the pan.
- Then, whisk the eggs and milk, then mix in the cheese.
- Then pour into a greased pyrex dish. (Spray the dish with cooking spray)
- Cover the dish with foil and bake it in the oven for 45 minutes.
Okay, so I know what you're thinking... No potatoes or bread added to the egg bake Am I right? Well, I don't really fancy the extra starch in my Egg Bake so I've never added it when I've made it.
There is never an issue with the ingredients binding together without the addition of starch, so no need to add it if you don't want to. If you prefer a thicker and fluffier Egg Bake, just add a few more eggs and more milk.
Once you remove the casserole from the oven, there will be excess oil from the sausage on top of the egg bake. This is completely normal.
While the egg bake is still hot, blot the excess oil with a paper towel. Then cut the egg bake as desired and serve!
This is dish is also great for a brunch or anytime that you are serving guests. Enjoy!
**Shop my Amazon store to get cooking items used in our recipes!**
*There may be affiliate links in this description or video in which I may receive a commission at no cost to you*
You may also like:
Sausage, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Burritos
Don't miss another recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Follow Whip it like Butter on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and TikTok!
See you there!
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 8 whole eggs
- 1 ½ c whole milk
- ½ c yellow onion - diced - diced
- ½ c green bell pepper - diced - diced
- 1 c sharp shredded cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 3 qt. baking dish.
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage. Add the onions and bell pepper prior to the sausage completely browning.
- Drain any excess oil from the meat and sit to the side.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs and whisk together.
- Add the milk, cheese, salt and pepper to the bowl and mix together.
- Add the sausage and mix.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
To get the fluffier egg bake, you suggested adding more eggs and milk-how many more eggs and how much more milk would you suggest?
Ashley Frederick says
Hello Sandra! I would suggest adding no more than 1/4 - 1/2 cup of extra milk. And if you add more eggs, I would suggest adding about two more eggs.
Can heavy cream be used instead of milk?
Ashley Frederick says
Yes you can; however, it may be thicker and alter the taste. It may work for you though. Thank you for your support.
This sounds amazing! I've done egg casseroles like this, but haven't thought of adding potatoes!
Thank you! You can definitely add anything you like.
Azalea Christa says
yummy! I’m always looking for ways to cut down on time - this is perfect for brunch!
I know that's right! Great idea! Thanks